Friday, October 6, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (10/6/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Frogkisser!
Frogkisser! by Garth Nix (PBK)
Just found this at a used bookstore and decided to immediately read it (I know, crazy right?). Turns out it's quite good and charming with its transforming characters and talking dogs (love the dogs!) and now the main gal is off on a quest. Really enjoying it so far!


>> ON HOLD <<
A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares
A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Krystal Sutherland (ARC)
I am interested in finishing this but as I'm expecting it not to have a "happy" ending I'm just not in the mood for it right now.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Hollow Bettle (Poisons of Caux, #1)
Poisons of Crux: The Hollow Bettle by Susannah Appelbaum (PBK)
2.5 Stars. While a seriously wandering and inconstant read, this was a relatively interesting and magical story that hit the spot for my "young and magical" craving last week. Think I'll even give the second book a try someday.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Libriomancer (Magic Ex Libris, #1)
Libriomancer by Jim C. Hines (MMP)
Finally got my hands on this and after I couldn't help reading the first few pages I now need to read the entire thing pronto. If I wasn't already in the middle of a good book right now this would be my current read!


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment